Are you a gym owner and wondering how things are going to look for your business once the doors are allowed back open again?
You are not alone.
In this short article I am going to address 5 things that you need to be considering to ensure that when this is all over you can stay open.
It’s time to be active.
- It’s time to be active. It is super important that you are not spending this time sitting on your hands and just expect that when you can open the doors back up that your members will all just come back. What if they have not heard from you in all this time, whilst at the same time they have been hearing from your competitor in their news feed? You may find that they do not come back to your gym but rather go to your competitors.
- Social Media is pumping. Social Media traffic is up by 70% and advertising costs are down by 30% – at the same time we are seeing many local newspapers where you have traditionally been advertising being shut down. Now that should be a HUGE light bulb for you?
- People’s workout routines are changing. People are making changes to their routines. They have bought home equipment and subscribed to online workouts, so you have to give them a reason to want to come back to you when this is all over.
- Stay visible. People are sitting at home watching more Netflix and eating more chocolate and potentially are going to have a few extra kilos to shred when normality returns so you want to be supporting them through this time. They need to be seeing your business on a regular basis. You need to be providing support to be minimising the damage.
- It’s time to build strength. Now is the perfect time for you to be running ads to collect leads and build your email list so that when the doors open back up – BOOM you have all those new people to put an offer in front of to get them through your doors. If your competitor has a strategy like this, those new people may very well be some of your old members?
Workout your social media.
There is no better way to stay in touch with your members then through social media using both paid and organic measures.
Now is a great time to be learning how to use social media to get results for your gym.
I have put together a free facebook group specifically for gym owners. A community full of people that are going through the exact same thing as you. I will be going live with free social media coaching and also will be creating and sharing some great generic content that your business can share out on its social media channels.
We are all in this together. Now is the time for us all to be SERVING not SELLING.
If you would like to join the free facebook community for gym owners or managers – please go here.